Palace of the Tuileries

The Palace of the Tuileries was built by will of Caterina de Medici, west from the Louvre, along the right bank of the Seine. Along the centuries, the two palaces had been linked by endless galleries that are today part of the most visited museum of the world. It was the official seat of power and government, starting from the French Revolution (end of the XVIII century) to 1871 when the communards burned it to the ground (there’s a miraculously survived witness of this disaster: Napoleon III’s Fairy-Tale dinner table set)

The destiny of this unfortunate palace was tied to the Louvre’s from the start (read the series: “The Louvre Ghosts“) and the historical events it witnessed were so violent it was ultimately hunted by an actual ghost: the Red Man of the Tuileries.